Believe it or not, but it is NOT winter yet. WHY IS IT SO COLD!? Winter is coming, though, and if this “fall” weather is any indication of what is to come, then boy-oh-boy do we have to prepare for winter.
Be sure to:
- Check your engine oil
- Check the washer fluid
- Make sure your tires have enough tread on them to be safe for winter conditions
- Increase your follow distance
- Carry emergency items in your vehicle like
- Phone Charger
- A device that can store a charge to jump your car/charge your phone/pump your tire
- non-perishable food
- First aid kit
- Have a spare jug of washer fluid
- Extra container of oil in the vehicle
I know that’s quite the list and hopefully you won’t ever need to use these, but at least you’ll have them. Remember: it’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and NOT have it.
Take care, and be safe!